All of our services are provided to our clients free-of-charge. Your donation will allow us to continue to realize our potential as your community supported free clinic. We rigorously screen our patients who receive services at the clinic, to make sure they meet our eligibility criteria and do not have access to health care through traditional methods. Approximately 25 percent of our clients are Medicare patients – eligible to receive medication at the clinic when they qualify for our services.
The average cost of a patient visit at the clinic, including medication, is only $25. You can rest assured that we know how to stretch each and every dollar to provide the care that matters most to those in need. The average yearly cost of health care and medication for each client at the clinic is $75. A family of four can receive their needed health care and medication for only $300 per year.
Please take a few moments to review the programs we offer. Please call Executive Director Kathie Brown at 304.233.3869 if you have any questions or need additional information.
- Nurse Practitioner Clinics – Every patient first sees the Nurse Practitioner at the clinic for evaluation. All of our Nurse Practitioners have prescriptive authority and practice under a collaborative agreement with a local physician.
- Physician Clinics – Local physicians volunteer at the clinic to see patients. We also have more than 125 area physicians who volunteer to see our patients in their offices and in the hospitals.
- Specialty Clinics – Several local specialists provide clinic hours at our site for Endocrinology, Cardiac, Podiatry, and other services.
- OVMC Residents – Residents from the Internal Medicine and Family Practice Program at Ohio Valley Medical Center are on site every Wednesday and Thursday providing care for our patients.
- Social Services – Social Services assists patients in applying for needed benefits. This includes Disability, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Utility Assistance, Vocational Rehabilitation and other needed benefits.
- Health Education – Our health educators provide one-on-one and group programs relating to all health education needs. Groups include smoking cessation, healthy lifestyle, diabetic education, cooking schools, etc.
- Family Planning Program – Family planning services are provided including counseling and medication.
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program – Wheeling Health Right is one of the largest provider of BCCSP services in the state of West Virginia. Breast and cervical cancer screening is very important for uninsured and underinsured women. Early detection is critical in the treatment of these two cancers.
- Individual and Group Counseling – Groups include Anxiety, Depression, Addiction Recovery, Stress Management and Grief Counseling.
- Volunteer Program – Volunteers are always needed and welcomed at the clinic. Volunteers come from all walks of life – physicians, nurses, pharmacists, secretaries, file clerks, receptions and so on. If you are interested in volunteering at the clinic, please contact Dee Phillips.
- Wheeling Health Right Auxiliary – Wheeling Health Right Auxiliary is a group of volunteers who help coordinate fund raising events for the clinic. This group meets on an as needed basis. Please contact Dee Phillips for further information.