Make a gift of lasting health. GIVE to Wheeling Health Right today.
If you are looking to make a sizable charitable donation and receive Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP) credits please contact us directly for additional information regarding tax information. We can be reached directly at (304) 233-1135 or by emailing a staff member directly.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Because the safety of our patients and caregivers is our highest priority, Wheeling Health Right has taken action to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Here are the steps we have taken:
- We will use nurse triage by phone to arrange new acute (sick) appointments.
- A nurse (in personal protective equipment) will greet all patients and other visitors to the clinic at the door to assess risk. That nurse will direct the patient to the following possible actions:
- Proceed to scheduled appointment.
- Proceed to pharmacy for prescription pick-up.
- Return home and call for appointment.
- Proceed to local emergency department.
- Immediate medical care in clinic if warranted.
- We have designated alternate, isolated exam rooms and entrances to the clinic and pharmacy. (Waiting room nurse will direct patients as necessary.)
- Patients with scheduled visits to Wheeling Health Right are encouraged to attend appointments alone. If necessary, they may be accompanied by one person.
We want to remind you of that the best steps to help prevent contracting COVID-19 are to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Lather for at least 20 seconds every time. If no soap is available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough with a tissue or the bend of your elbow.
- Use the nearest waste receptacle to dispose of the tissue after use.
- Avoid contact with sick individuals.
- Utilize social distancing when possible.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched, such as your mobile phone.
- Stay home if you are sick, unless seeking medical attention.
If you currently have an appointment scheduled at a clinic, or plan to visit the emergency department or urgent care, please call ahead if you develop a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Tell your healthcare professional about any recent travel.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Since half of American adults are still not vaccinated, COVID-19 testing is still important, in some situations. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a fully vaccinated person can “refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure”, so long as they stay asymptomatic. If a person develops COVID-19 symptoms following exposure, they should be tested, even if they are vaccinated. Maintain vigilance and continue to test. Get vaccinated. Vaccines are widely available. COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Wheeling Health Right is continuing to test for COVID-19 and providing COVID-19 vaccinations on a daily basis. Testing is offered Monday – Friday from 10am-2pm. Vaccinations are offered Monday – Friday from 9am-3pm. Walk-ins are welcome. You do not have to be a patient of Wheeling Health Right.
Who We Are
Since Health Right opened in 1985, we have gained a national reputation for serving the uninsured and under-insured in Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel and Tyler Counties in West
Virginia, and Belmont County, Ohio.
Today, we are recognized as one of the best free health clinics in the United States. We serve more than 15,500 of our community members each year, whose earnings are at or below 100% of federal poverty guidelines.
Our Mission Statement
“To provide access to free comprehensive medical care, preventive care and pharmaceuticals to the underserved. We embrace the philosophy that all are entitled to health maintenance and care.”
A United Way agency, Wheeling Health Right operates as a truly comprehensive primary care clinic. Health Right is a nurse managed clinic requiring all patients to receive initial health care and case management by advanced nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Upon agency referral, clients are eligible for charitable free services, including inpatient and outpatient care, at participating area hospitals and physician offices.
Bordas and Bordas Attorneys, PLLC are proud to support the Wheeling Health Right, Inc! “We have a great time sponsoring the annual Chef’s Auction every spring! It’s also great to know we’re helping out right here in our own community!”